Flyer available in the following languages:
What is mediation?
Mediation is an effective way of resolving disputes without resorting to the traditional approaches such as going to court. The latter can be complex, formal, expensive, time consuming and very often, unsatisfying for all parties.
Mediation is a process in which an independent third party – a mediator – through a facilitated conversation will guide the parties to discover the underlying reasons why the conflict occurred, how it can be resolved and also minimize the chances of it recurring. Often times the parties leave the process with a better understanding of how they may have contributed to the conflict as well as a more empathetic view of the other party.
Why should I use the mediation service?
- It’s free, voluntary and confidential.
- Our mediators are all specially trained, registered professionals who volunteer their time for this service.
- We have built our mediation services following a proven success model.
- You will learn to communicate more effectively with your landlord or tenant.
- You will learn new approaches to avoid or resolve future conflicts.
- Our professional mediators will ensure the communication between both parties will remain respectful, safe, inclusive and productive.
- Through our process, proposed solutions are more likely to be successful, permanent and unlikely to encounter resistance being implemented.
For more information, please contact: